Foodie

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Almond Sugee Cake Transformed


How in the world can these young minds tackle these complicated toys - The Transformers?  I dread it when my grandson comes and ask me to transform it cos i can never get it.  It really makes me feel so stupid and wished that my Ah Poh had put in an extra item in my rattan school bag on my first day of school.  The
Spring Onion and The Mirror did not help for me at all when these Transformers are concerned.  I needed a brain transplant, a young brain cos this old brain of mine is only good for transforming a plain looking cake into something which will be presentable on a festive occasion.  This cake is the same Almond Sugee Cake, baked in a different pan, then glazed with chocolate and top with toasted almond flakes.







Ingredients and Method for the cake :

Refer to Almond Sugee Cake

Chocolate Glaze:

1 1/2 cups whipping cream
12 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 tbsps light corn syrup









Method:

Bring cream to simmer in large saucepan over low heat.

Put chocolate in the food processor and pulse until fine.

With the food processor running, pour the hot cream through the chute and turn off as soon as the mixture is well combined.

Stir in corn syrup.

Cool glaze until barely lukewarm.



To Glaze the cake:

Put the cake on top of a cake rack and place cake rack onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.  The excess glaze is collected in the parchment paper and reused.

Pour the warm chocolate glaze over the cake and top with toasted almond flakes.

Leave in the fridge for the chocolate glaze to harden.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...